Peer Support & Employee Support Services Team -Riverside
Employee Support Services Help Line 916-445-4337
The phone number for E.A.P. is 1-866-327-4762
The IAFF Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Treatment & Recovery
The IAFF Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Treatment and Recovery is a one-of-a-kind addiction treatment facility specializing in PTSD for IAFF members – and IAFF members only – who are struggling with addiction, PTSD other related behavioral health challenges to receive the help they need in taking the first steps toward recovery. It is a safe haven for members to talk with other members who have faced or overcome similar challenges.
Get the help you need right now 877.837.4346
Employee Assistance Program
Direct Link: CalHR EAP web page
As a State of California Employee, you and your eligible dependents have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This program is provided by the State of California as part of the state’s commitment to promoting employee health and wellbeing. It is offered at no charge to the employee and provides a valuable resource for support and information during difficult times, as well as consultation on day-to-day concerns. EAP is an assessment, short-term counseling, and referral service designed to provide you and your family with assistance in managing everyday concerns.
If you need help, call toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
Phone: 866-EAP-4SOC (866-327-4762)
TDD callers: 800-327-0801
Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to confidentially discuss your concerns and ensure that you receive the assistance you need. You may also contact your departmental EAP coordinator, or the statewide EAP benefits manager at (916) 324-9353.
Confidentiality is the hallmark of the program, and is essential to the success of EAP. No one besides the person accessing EAP knows they’ve used the services. No reports are made except aggregate utilization reports that do not identify individuals. The legal exceptions are the same as those that guide all clinicians: if a member expresses intent to commit child or elder abuse; or expresses plausible suicidal or homicidal intent; or a court order.
Types of Services
Life can be unpredictable and confusing. Through EAP you can seek assistance with many of the day-to-day struggles you may be experiencing. EAP can assist you with marriage, family, and relationship issues; emotional, personal and stress concerns; drug and alcohol abuse; healthy lifestyles; and work-life balance.
EAP offers face-to-face clinical counseling and telephone consultations to guide you through difficult times. Our online tools and tips provide information and resources on a broad array of topics such as emotional and physical wellbeing, workplace success, and achieving personal goals.
For many people, it’s a challenge to balance family life and work. We offer work-life solutions to everyday problems that include legal consultations, financial consultations, child and elder care, identity theft recovery, and education and career development.
EAP Core Flyers
- EAP Appointment Assist (PDF) | EAP Appointment Assist (RTF)
- Career Assistance (PDF) | Career Assistance (RTF)
- Child Care and Elder Care Service (PDF) | Child Care and Elder Care Service (RTF)
- Educational and Student Resources (PDF) | Educational and Student Resources (RTF)
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing (PDF) | Emotional Health and Wellbeing (RTF)
- Employee Assistance Program (PDF) | Employee Assistance Program (RTF)
- Financial Services (PDF) | Financial Services (RTF)
- Getting Organized (PDF) | Getting Organized (RTF)
- Identity Theft (PDF) | Identity Theft (RTF)
- Legal Services (PDF) | Legal Services (RTF)
- Physical and Emotional Health (PDF) | Physical and Emotional Health (RTF)
- Retirement Services (PDF) | Retirement Services (RTF)
- Tele-EAP Coaching (PDF) | Tele-EAP Coaching (RTF)
- Web-Based and Confidential Care (PDF) | Web-Based and Confidential Care (RTF)
- Work-Life Services (PDF) | Work-Life Services (RTF)
- Workplace Support Services (PDF) | Workplace Support Services (RTF)
Online Resources and Information
The website (www.eap.calhr.ca.gov) features hundreds of health and wellbeing tools. Learn to manage stress and stay motivated, set daily fitness and nutrition goals, track your progress, and make the small steps that lead to big change.
For more information please visit the following links:
- Eligibility and Enrollment
- Number of Counseling Sessions/Level of Benefits
- Retirees, Survivors, and Layoffs
- Member Brochure (PDF) | Member Brochure -Text Only (RTF)
- EAP Options in Learning Training Guide (PDF) | EAP Options in Learning Training Guide -Text Only (RTF)
- Employee Orientation Video
- Supervisor Orientation Video
- Supervisor Handbook (PDF) | Supervisor Handbook – Text Only (RTF)
- Evidence of Coverage
- EAP as a Management Tool