We share an uncommon bond with our fire family – a bond forged by trust and an unwavering commitment to each other. As a credit union founded by firefighters and still 100% dedicated to firefighters, the Fire Family has embraced us as part of their community and honored us with a seat at their kitchen table for over 80 years. So when we say, “It’s yours,” we mean it literally. And it’s something we never forget.
Attention to members’ needs and expectations has enabled us to grow from just over 800 members the first year, to over 37,000 members today and over $1 Billion in assets. Legendary service is more than a goal; it is our mission.
Join our exclusive fire family today. We sincerely believe at Firefighters First Credit Union that the more business we do together as a “Fire Family,” the greater the reward will be for all our members.
By joining today, you will receive these new member offers*:
- $100 when you open a checking account with direct deposit**
- ½% APR discount on any fixed term loan***
- Receive a free Insurance check-up with Firefighter Insurance Services.
- Receive a free analysis of your deferred comp, 401(k)/457 and college savings plan.
• And much more!
Who can you trust to protect your family’s future?
We are here to protect you and your family. We will educate, guide, and facilitate all of your estate planning needs to better protect those you care most about. In partnership with Members Trust Company*, who is founded on the strength and values of America’s Credit Unions, we are here to ensure that your estate planning and financial needs are met. Find out more @ https://www.firefightersfirstcu.org/Trust-Services
Savings Plus participants have access to a variety of investment options. Whether you are a hands-on or hands-off investor, we have options for you. Learn about your investment style by taking the Investor Personality Assessment.
You can also review our Investor Guide for more information about asset allocation and investing styles.
Research whether actively managed funds, index funds, Target Date Funds, or a combination will fit your investment needs.
See how our core investment funds have performed.
Take the investment personality quiz and learn about your investment style, and what products fit best.
See the estimated operating expenses for each core investment fund.
Know the costs associated with your retirement plan to help you make informed investment decisions.
Read about the objectives of Savings Plus and the policies and procedures established for meeting those objectives.
Learn why this practice increases fund expenses, resulting in higher fees and an adverse affects on fund performance for all shareholders invested in the fund.
Investing involves market risk, including possible loss of the money you have invested. And there is no guarantee you will achieve your investment goals.
Get the help you need
Talk to a Retirement Specialist for more information about retirement planning.
|Welcome to the IAFF Financial Corporation Web Site
This web site includes information regarding the IAFF Financial Corporation, as well as the retirement, financial services, insurance protection products, home mortgage program, auto and home insurance program, banking services, and Canadian member programs offered through well-established service providers.
We look forward to serving you!
|Direct Link to CalHR College Savings Plan web page.|
ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan Page Content Main
?Investing in the future of your loved ones, including yourself, is important. ScholarShare, the state-administered 529 college savings plan, provides families with a tax-advantaged way to deposit after-tax contributions to save for future college expenses. Earnings, if any, are tax-deferred and disbursements, when used for tuition and other qualified higher education expenses, are federal and state tax-free.
For more details or to open an account, visit www.ScholarShare.com.
|Direct Link to CalHR EAP web page.|
Employee Assistance Program
As a State of California Employee, you and your eligible dependents have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This program is provided by the State of California as part of the state’s commitment to promoting employee health and wellbeing. It is offered at no charge to the employee and provides a valuable resource for support and information during difficult times, as well as consultation on day-to-day concerns. EAP is an assessment, short-term counseling, and referral service designed to provide you and your family with assistance in managing everyday concerns.
If you need help, call toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
Phone: 866-EAP-4SOC (866-327-4762)
TDD callers: 800-327-0801
Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to confidentially discuss your concerns and ensure that you receive the assistance you need. You may also contact your departmental EAP coordinator, or the statewide EAP benefits manager at (916) 324-9353.
EAP Core Flyers
- EAP Appointment Assist (PDF) | EAP Appointment Assist (RTF)
- Career Assistance (PDF) | Career Assistance (RTF)
- Child Care and Elder Care Service (PDF) | Child Care and Elder Care Service (RTF)
- Educational and Student Resources (PDF) | Educational and Student Resources (RTF)
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing (PDF) | Emotional Health and Wellbeing (RTF)
- Employee Assistance Program (PDF) | Employee Assistance Program (RTF)
- Financial Services (PDF) | Financial Services (RTF)
- Getting Organized (PDF) | Getting Organized (RTF)
- Identity Theft (PDF) | Identity Theft (RTF)
- Legal Services (PDF) | Legal Services (RTF)
- Physical and Emotional Health (PDF) | Physical and Emotional Health (RTF)
- Retirement Services (PDF) | Retirement Services (RTF)
- Tele-EAP Coaching (PDF) | Tele-EAP Coaching (RTF)
- Web-Based and Confidential Care (PDF) | Web-Based and Confidential Care (RTF)
- Work-Life Services (PDF) | Work-Life Services (RTF)
- Workplace Support Services (PDF) | Workplace Support Services (RTF)